Czech Educational Society
Faculty of Humanities, Tomas Bata University in Zlín
cordially invite you to the
Annual Conference of the Czech Educational Society
on the theme
UNIVERSITY TEACHER – EDUCATION, PRACTICE, POSITION
The Faculty of Humanities is honored to host this event in its recently completed building designed by world-famous architect Eva Jiřičná. All interested members of the general public, students of pedagogy, colleagues working in education at all levels, as well as professionals from Czech and foreign universities are welcome.
Dates of the conference: 11 – 12 April 2019
Conference location: Faculty of Humanities, Tomas Bata University, building U18
Zlín, Czech Republic
The conference will focus on the profession and practice of a university teacher from different points of view.
Presentations on the pre-professional and professional development of a university teacher as well as the issues of the academic competences, types, content and intensity of university teacher activities (teaching, consulting, training, organizational, administrative, management etc.) will be accepted. Additionally, contributions concerning the overlap of the activities of a university teacher in external environment (faculty schools, leisure facilities for children and youth and other institutions that support students´ professional development) will also be accepted The conference will also focus on the issue of university culture and climate and different aspects of a university teacher career (professional, social, …), including the possibilities to support the career development. The papers concerning both the reality of the professional life of academics working at Czech universities and the comparison with the situation abroad will be also accepted.
The conference will support both research and reflective and practice-based papers. Selected papers will be published in a peer-reviewed electronic publication under evaluation by Web of Science.
Call for papers:
Conference participants can sign up for several thematic sections.
- Professional training of a university teacher
- Professional activities of a university teacher
- Professional carrier of a university teacher
- Collaboration of a university teacher with faculty and leisure time institutions
- Doctoral and post-doctoral students at universities
- Social relations, climate and culture at universities
- Poster session
The papers will be assigned into the sections on the basis of the Scientific Committee’s assessment.
Authors may also submit the papers that go beyond the thematic sections listed above. Their possible inclusion in a special section will be discussed subsequently by the Scientific Committee of the Conference.
Thursday 11 of April 2019
- 9.00 – 10.00 Registration
- 10.00 – 12.00 Plenary Session
- 13.00 – 16.00 Parallel Sessions
- 16.30 – 18.00 Panel Discussion
- 18.00 – 19.00 Congress of Czech Educational Society Members
- 19.30 Social Event
Friday 12 of April 2019
- 09.00 – 11.00 Plenary Session
- 12.00 – 15.00 Parallel Sessions
- 15.30 Conference Conclusions
Methods of participation
- Active participation in the conference
- Active participation consists in a submission of a paper to the thematic sections or a poster presentation.
- Passive participation in the conference
- Passive participation consists in registration without the contribution of a paper, although the attendee is welcome to participate in discussions within individual sections.
- If more than one author has contributed to a presentation / article, each co-author who is planning to attend the conference must individually register for the event via the conference sign-in form.
- One participant in the conference can submit only one paper.
Conference registration and instructions for authors
Your application for active participation in the event including the paper, as well as payment of conference fees will be expected within the timeframe of 1st December to 22 February 2019.
Applications and fee payment by university students for passive participation in the conference without paper presentation will be accepted within the timeframe of 1st December to 15 March 2019
Registration form is available at conference website: www.cpds2019.utb.cz
Authors can choose from several forms of papers:
- reflective of practice,
- providing examples of a good practice at universities.
We kindly ask the authors to send an extended abstract up to 300 words by 22 February 2019.
Each abstract will be reviewed through anonymous review process. If accepted, the author may decide to publish full text – studies up to 15,000 characters (up to 10 pages of text).
The full papers must be submitted before June 30, 2019.
All accepted papers will be published in conference proceedings.
|Types of fees*|
|Basic conference fee (standard attendee, including participation at social event.)||2 500,- czk|
|Basic conference fee (standard attendee, without participation at social event)
|2 200,- czk|
|Reduced conference fee for members of Czech Educational Society (including participation at social event.)||2 200,- czk|
* In the event of non-attendance at the conference, the fee will not be refunded.
The conference languages are Czech, Slovak and English.
Contact for questions regarding conference activities: Mgr. Hana Navrátilová – email@example.com
We hope to see you to Zlín and we look forward to your presentations and learning about the results of your research.